A cookie is a small text file that is stored by the computer when a website is visited by a user. The text stores information that the site is able to read in the moment in which it is seen at a later time. Some of these cookies are necessary for the proper functioning of the site, while others are useful to the visitor because they can safely store such as your user name or the language settings. The advantage of having the cookies installed in your pc is that you no longer need to fill out the same information every time you want to access a website visited previously.
How can I disable cookies?
You can change your browser to turn off cookies through a very simple procedure. Caution: disabling cookies is username password will no longer be stored on the site login box.
1. Open Firefox
2. Press the “Alt” button on your keyboard
3. In the toolbar at the top of your browser, select “Tools” and then “Options”
4. Next, select the “Privacy” tab
5. Go to “Timeline Settings” and then “Use custom settings.” Uncheck “Accept cookies from sites” and save your preferences.
1. Open Internet Explorer
2. Click on the “Tools” then “Internet Options”
3. Select the “Privacy” tab and move the slider to the level of privacy you want to set (up to block all cookies or down for all allow it)
4. Then click on OK
1. Open Google Chrome
2. Click on the “Tools”
3. Select “Settings” and then “Advanced Settings”
4. Select “Content Settings” under “Privacy”
5. In the “Cookies” tab, you can clear cookies, and save your preferences
1. Open Safari
2. Select “Preferences” in the toolbar, then select the “Security” tab in the dialog box that follows
3. In the “Accept Cookies” section, you can specify if and when Safari should save cookies from websites. For more information click on the Help button (labeled with a question mark)
4. For more information about cookies that are stored on your computer, click on “Show Cookies”